Welcome to our website
At Esklymphology we offer support and treatments for people affected by conditions such as lymphoedema, lipoedema, and leg ulceration. We can offer a friendly telephone call, an online Zoom session, or a one-to-one home visit to people living in Central Scotland (and beyond). Please send a message through our contact form and Anne Williams will get back to you as soon as possible.
Anne is an experienced nurse who knows how challenging it can be getting trusted information and advice about lymphoedema and lipoedema. We also understand the difficulties for people when dealing with swelling, a heavy painful limb, or noticing changes in your body after cancer treatment.
Lymphoedema is a type of limb swelling that develops when the lymphatic system is unable to effectively drain fluid from the body. There are many different causes of lymphoedema (including cancer treatment) and it can also affect different areas of the body. Women who have breast cancer treatment may develop oedema in the breast after surgery and radiotherapy.
Lipoedema is a fat disorder, that usually develops in women around puberty or early adulthood. Check the Support with Lipoedema page on our website to find out more.
Although lymphoedema and lipoedema can be a lifelong conditions, they can be successfully managed. We can help you by:
- providing accurate information to help you better understand and build confidence in managing your condition
- giving treatments such as manual lymph drainage, compression bandaging, deep oscillation therapy, and kinesiotaping
- measuring you for compression garments and advising on a GP prescription
- supporting you to improve your general health and wellbeing through providing advice on nutrition, and exercise such as Tripudio
- offering information for carers and family members.
We will work at a pace that is right for you, talk with you about treatment choices, and take time to identify your individual needs. We can also give you information on how to contact relevant NHS and other services.
We undertake home visits, following all necessary Covid-19 precautions. We are registered providers for several health insurance companies.
We can also provide education and training for health and social care practitioners within a variety of organisations including the NHS, voluntary sector and nursing homes.